-- PRE-CALL CHECKLIST ---
Researched by: Ekira
About the event
- Project: Dework
- Guests: Lonis Hamaili
- Event schedule: October 26, 2022
- NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
About our guest speaker
- Include guest name(s); try to include name pronunciation.
- Write a short bio about the guest(s) including their role at the project they are speaking about.
- Lonis Hamaili is an Aspiring Effective Altruist (a person who cares about others and help them despite not gaining anything by doing this: Altruists have a strong desire to help others.) passionate about having the biggest possible social impact with his career through direct work and donation.
- Jan 2022 - Present (10 months) : Co-Founder at Dework, a web3-native project management with token payments, credentialing and bounties. Dework is a web3 tool and a powerful solution to DAOs with bounties and tasks for the community to complete.
- Oct 2020 - Present (2 years 1 month) : Fullstack Consultant at Freelance.
- Oct 2020 - Present (2 years 1 month) : Advisor at Normative.io. Normative, a startup that lets companies automate their carbon reporting - and in turn help them decrease their environmental footprint - has picked up $2.1 million in seed funding.
- Dec 2020 - Sep 2021 (10 months) : Full Stack Engineer Consultant at Lassie.
- Oct 2019 - Aug 2020 (11 months) : Co-Founder (YC S20) at Depict.ai a project recommender system used by Staples, Nudie jeans & 30+ more. Depict.ai has raised almost $20M from Tiger Global, initialized Capital, EQT, Northzone and is one of the largest ML companies in the Nordics.
- Dec 2019 - Jun 2020 (7 months) : Global Shaper at World Economic Forum. A World Economic Forum Organization for ‘Youth Global Leaders’. The forum hopes to catalyze and support fresh ideas and solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges through in-person meetings and virtual interactions using the online Shapers platform.
- Jun 2019 - Sep 2019 (4 months) : Business Development at Normative.io. Normative is Europe’s fastest growing supplier of automated sustainability reporting, providing the incentive and guidance required to drastically lower big companies’ environmental footprint.
- Jun 2019 - Aug 2019 (3 months) : Business Development at Noquo Foods. Noquo Foods aim to reinvent the way we consume foods by developing plant-based food alternatives that are tasty and nutritious.
- 2017 - Dec 2018 (2 years) : He was a Member of the Board at World Value Initiative- Lund. He facilitated a 4 hour long workshop for all 1200+ new Engineering students at LTH. He created material, recruited 15 speakers, got sponsorship. He also Co-Developed and presented a Leadership/Teamwork Education for the official Introduction Committee (Phöben) at LTH.
- Find one or two things that are unique or interesting about our guest. Little known facts are great! i.e. owns two Shiba Inus in real life so bought a lot of SHIB.
- Lonis Hamaili studied at Stockholm University, Stockholm School of Science 2018 - 2019. “Learned stuff, but with some what too long feedbacks loops, so he dropped out to help found Depict.ai”. He also attended Y Combinator a school that teaches the basics of starting a company. The YC batch program helps founders as they build their product, talk to their customers, and raise funding.
- Describe their crypto journey thus far. i.e. graduated from college in 2016, got their first bitcoin as a graduation gift, fell down the rabbithole of Ethereum, launched a DeFi protocol in 2020.
- How has their crypto journey impacted their decision to join/launch the project they work on today?
- What are some notable achievements that increase their web3 reputation?
- Co-founded Dework - a web3-native project management with token payments, credentialing and bounties used by DAOs to create bounties and tasks for the community.
About the project
- What is the general positioning of the project? i.e. DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, governance.
- What is the value proposition of the project? How does it clearly differentiate itself from others in the web3 space?
- With Dework, users can create task boards and move tasks between them. Tasks can be created and people apply to claim them. This eases progress monitoring, division of labor and community building with everybody feeling they are getting their worth for the worth for the work they do.
- How does it benefit it community members and general web3 communities at large?
- Dework solves the issue of decentralized collaboration, credentialing and bounty hunting
- Dework allow DAOs create bounties for contributors, let contributors build their web3 profile and pay with their own DAO token.
- Is it bridging blockchains, protocols, tools, communities, etc.?
- Does it bring a unique vision or approach to solve challenges in web3?
- Yes, Dework solves the issue of decentralized collaboration, credentialing and bounty hunting that no other web3 application has addressed this issue like in the same manner as Dework.
- Dework also makes it easy for DAOs to let their communities vote on proposals, create bounties, track progress on those bounties, and pay out contributors.
- How does it improve the web3 ecosystem?
- Dework is one of the smartest idea to improve crypto adoption by providing a way to earn crypto by working on tasks.