-- PRE-CALL CHECKLIST ---
Researched by: Cëllevista
About the event
- Project: Disco.xyz
- Guests: Evin McMullen, Co-Founder & CEO, Disco
- Topic: Re-architecting the internet around the individual
- Event schedule: 14th Dec, 2022
- NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
About our guest speaker
Include guest name(s); try to include name pronunciation.
Write a short bio about the guest(s) including their role at the project they are speaking about.
- Evin McMullen is the Co-Founder and CEO of Disco which was founded January 2022
- Evin McMullen is CEO and Co-Founder of Disco.xyz, your identity for the Metaverse. Disco enables your personal data backpack, making data and reputation portable across web2 apps and web3 blockchain ecosystems.
She is also cofounder of DAO Jones and inkDAO and an advisor to Web3 projects including Boys Club, Engage Raise and NFT3. She is a graduate of Yale University.
Find one or two things that are unique or interesting about our guest. Little known facts are great! i.e. owns two Shiba Inus in real life so bought a lot of SHIB.
- She is excited about building and exploring what can be done with technology, and she learnt about file sharing and freedom restriction around data and intellectual property at a very young age.
She had her diploma from Hawken school, and bagged her Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology of information Systems from Yale University.
Describe their crypto journey thus far. i.e. graduated from college in 2016, got their first bitcoin as a graduation gift, fell down the rabbithole of Ethereum, launched a DeFi protocol in 2020.
How has their crypto journey impacted their decision to join/launch the project they work on today?
What are some notable achievements that increase their web3 reputation?
- Her intense desire to create a platform that would be optimally joyful and friction removing for the user as opposed to advocating on behalf of some other set of interest or enterprise interest and to improve user autonomy has led to her astonishing work with the Disco platform and has solved problems of privacy and user autonomy in Web3.
About the project
- What is the general positioning of the project? i.e. DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, governance.
- What is the value proposition of the project? How does it clearly differentiate itself from others in the web3 space?
- Creation of a self-sovereign identification framework for the Metaverse. The technology of the firm allows users to enjoy a sophisticated web3 reputation connected with public identifiers across chains and web2, while maintaining privacy and user liberty.
- How does it benefit it community members and general web3 communities at large?
- Disco provides an avenue for web3 communities to create a sophisticated web3 reputation and also maintain a high level of privacy
- Is it bridging blockchains, protocols, tools, communities, etc.?
- Disco serves users from the Ethereum community, meaning people who already have private keys in their hands with Ethereum compatible wallets such as MetaMask. Once they help those users become the transport layer for their own data from one app to another. They will then roll in the other base chain to make those interoperable such as Solana, Bitcoin, EVM-compatible chains, and other Blockchains.
- Does it bring a unique vision or approach to solve challenges in web3?
- The introduction of a means of owning and seamless sharing of metaverse identity has helped solve identification problems in Web 3, as the platforms infrastructure is one that allows users to create and update their web3 identity, and to show up in any digital environment and receive a personalized digital experience.
- How does it improve the web3 ecosystem?
- Disco enables the metaverse that we deserve, by enabling users to have a personal data backpack which is a private way for users to own and control the data written about them by multiple other parties and even the users themselves. and carry that data from one application to another, from web3 DAPP to DAPP, from web 2 into web 3 and back.