The mission of the BanklessDAO Legal Guild (the “Guild”) is to support the BanklessDAO and community with up-to-date summaries of legal developments in crypto and DAO governance and assist in strategic outbound communications with the broader crypto community and regulatory and legislative bodies. While most Guild members are licensed attorneys, there is no requirement to be an attorney to participate in the Guild, and the Guild does not verify the licensing status of any of its members. Anyone with interest in crypto or DAO legal/regulatory topics is welcome to join.
Justice and Fairness
- Promote an inclusive and flexible governance system in which everyone is free to contribute and express an opinion.
- Acknowledge competences, work and efforts of contributors in order to develop reliant and proportionate incentives.
Trust in the code
- Take advantage of blockchain technology and contractual automation in shaping the rules of the DAO and its relationship with third parties.
- Create the conditions to foster the DAO’s activity on-chain and to promote the BANK token as the fundamental tool to exercise voting power and grant rewards.
Global approach and off-chain minimization
- Present the DAO as a global community, which does not refer to a given country or jurisdiction and avoids every kind of discrimination.
- Limit legal compliance issues in the off-chain world to the minimum: ie to matters that are absolutely needed to the DAO and its community.
Policy on Provision of Legal Services
The Guild is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to the Bankless DAO or any of its guilds, members, or projects, or to Bankless HQ. Any Guild member is free to enter into a contractual arrangement to provide legal services to any of the foregoing, but such member does so in his or her individual capacity and not as a Guild member. A Guild member has no obligation to share any of the remuneration from such an arrangement with the Guild.
The BanklessDAO Legal Guild does not represent BanklessDAO or any member of the DAO unless specifically retained pursuant to the retained practitioner’s jurisdictional rules. This means there is no attorney-client relationship established and legal privilege does not attach when communicating with the Legal Guild and its members. Additionally, BanklessDAO and the Legal Guild are not associated with the BanklessHQ media entity beyond utilizing the ‘Bankless’ brand.
Guild Community Guidelines
All Guild members, including Guest Pass holders, Level 1 Members, and Level 2 Members, agree to adhere to the foregoing guidelines.
- All Guild members act in their individual capacities and are responsible for their own actions. No Guild member has the authority to bind the Guild, or the BanklessDAO, to any contract, unless explicitly authorized to do so pursuant to a duly approved Bankless DAO Forum Proposal.
- Members shall not use the Guild only as a platform to promote their products and/ or services. The Guild and the BanklessDAO do not earn a profit or regulate these connections in any way.
- Members shall not use the BanklessDAO trademark for personal publicity.
- The Intellectual Property of all the content provided by the members for the Guild in any of their platforms will be owned by their authors, whose names will be recognized, and a nonexclusive license to use the content will be permanently granted to the Guild.
- Most Guild members are known to each other only by their Discord names. Pseudonymity is an important value of the BanklessDAO community. No Guild member may disclose the “real” name or identity of any other Guild member without that member’s consent.
- Polygon Referral Policies
How To Get in Touch